A pioneer of Italian bicycles, Umberto Dei was building frames as early as 1896. Today, Umberto Dei bicycles are still built as they were almost 100 years ago. These beautiful Italian machines represent timeless style and mechanical simplicity so often lacking in the trendy world of modern bicycle design. They display immaculate attention to detail, while quietly and completely capturing the essence of “Bicycle.”
The quality of their construction is top-notch, and we enthusiastically carry these fine machines for those who desire a simpler machine for those less demanding, yet ever-so-important escapades. Experience the joys of Sunday rides to the local park, picnics on the coast, evenings out on the town, and riding to work in style, all the while owning not only a piece of history and functional art, but personal transport which will provide decades of enjoyment.
These days, we all move so fast, looking too distantly and too briefly at too many things. The Umberto Dei Imperiale represents a different time and place in history, an era when more of us actually had time to do things right, and to truly enjoy anything and everything life has to offer.
Umberto Dei: Sustainable satisfaction at its finest.
Ideal uses: Commuting, promenading, shopping, café runs, Sunday rides, picnics, etc.
- Sizes 52cm and 57cm (ladies and men’s)
- Classic lugged steel frame, rear luggage carrier
- Classic rod-actuated rim brakes with front brake modulator
- Steel cottered cranks, aluminum alloy wheels
- Steel chaincase, woven skirt-guards, leather saddle and grips
- Bottle generator lights, frame-mounted wheel lock
- Detailed transfers, hardware, and lining
- Immaculate attention to detail throughout
- Lowered headlight to accommodate front basket, $30
- 3-speed Sturmey Archer rear hub, $399